Thank You Lord, for Allowing Me the Knowledge, Ability, & Patience to Save My Family Money!

May We Use This Money To Glorify You!

To God Be The Glory!

4/16/11

Family Friday

So I normally go couponing by myself, but this week my husband had a couple days off, so we all ventured out for a little family couponing.  We had a great day together and got some pretty decent deals. I did go over my budget, but I'm still trying to build up my (small) stock pile.  We went to several places: Rite Aid, Walgreen's, Walmart, Ingles, and the local meat market.

Rite Aid:
  • 2 Old Spice Body Washes 
  • 1 Pack Sports Cards (Hubby's treat, lol)
The Old Spice was on sale for $2.99, plus you got back $2 in rewards when you purchased one. I also had a $1/2 coupon. The sports cards were on clearance for $0.99.  I used 2 previous rewards, which totaled $3.49.

Total: $7.00
OOP: $3.50
PLUS!!  I got $4 in rewards, AND I received a code to complete a survey for $3 off a $15 purchase.  So I really made $3.50!!

Walgreen's
  • 3 bags of Easter Grass (There was an in-ad coupon for 3/$1)
  • Vinegar (In-ad coupon for $0.99, plus I had $0.50 coupon)
  • 2 Dawn Dish Detergents (On sale for $0.99, plus I had $0.25 coupons)
Total: $5.00
OOP: $3.00

Walmart:
Due to last weeks events, I contacted Walmart via their online contact us link Sunday. I received a call from a Customer Service manager on Monday morning, they apologized about the event, and offered me a $20 gift card for my troubles.  Thank you Walmart for taking my complaint seriously and doing everything in your power to make you customers happy!

  • Pinter Ink: $15.99
  • Printer Paper: $3.50
  • 2 Toy Story 3 Operation Games $5.00, I had $3/1 coupons
  • 2 Packs (1 Huggies/ 1 Pampers) Diapers $8.97, I had $3/1 coupons (these were FL store coupons)
  • 1 Pack Huggies Wipes $1.97, I had $0.50/1 coupon (this was a FL store coupon too)
  • Loaf of Bread $1.78
  • Italian Loaf of Bread $0.90 (this was from the mark-down cart)
  • Danish $2.00 (from the mark-down cart)
  • 2 Packs Reach Dental Floss $0.88/each, plus I had $1/1 coupons.
  • Toy Story Kite (for my boys) $1
  • 2 bottles BBQ sauce $1/each
  • 4 6pk Frutiable Juice boxes $2.18, I had $1/1 coupons.
  • 1 bubble gum Easter eggs $1
Total: $70.00
OOP: $34.35

So not my best shopping trip, but I did get a couple high priced items that I didn't have coupons for.  So overall, I think I did pretty good!

Ingles:
My main mission on this stop was to stock up on the Dukes Mayo that was on sale.  Dukes is the ONLY mayo we like.
  • 4 Dukes Mayo 2/$5, I had 50 cent coupons, which doubled to $1
  • 2 Boxes Bisquick $1.97, I had 50 cent coupons, which doubled to $1
  • Bag Salad Mix $1.49, this was a manager special
  • Ore Ida Tater Tots $3 (this was a total SPLURGE Item, they were shaped like ABCs and my son had a cow over them, lol)
  • 3 lollipops (I have an addiction to those carousel lollipops okay, lol) $0.50/each
  • 1 Pk. Hotdogs $1
  • Hot Dog Buns $0.98
  • 2 Re-usable shopping bags BOGO @ $0.98
Total:$23.00
OOP: $16.00

Again, not my best trip, but pretty good considering I got 4 jars of mayo that usually retail for about $3.50 each!!

Combs (our local meat market)
  • 3 Whole Fryer Chickens ( I treated us & my parents to supper, well my daddy cooked his awesome BBQ chicken on the grill, but I bought the stuff) $3.50/each
  • 1 pkg Sausage (8 patties) $2.10
  • 2 Lemons $0.99
Total: 13.60

Not to bad for 3 whole chickens!!

We also made a quick stop by the bank to see Mawmaw, and took part in their bake sale for March of Dimes, Mason got some cookies & a rice crispy treat.  We also had a pretty good lunch at the Chinese buffet (and I had a coupon!!).  We also stopped by Dollar Tree to grab a few things (I always spend to much money in that place, lol).  So we had a great day together!!  We also had alot of fun trying to fly that Toy Story kite when we got home.  My daddy fixed those chickens on the grill...we paired that with homemade slaw & baked beans, and some bread..it was very YUMMY!!

It's more important to spend time with my family than worrying about my coupons!!

Thanks for reading!!!

God Bless & Happy Couponing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment